Switching cities is a great way to start fresh. However, moving requires preparation, especially if you have pets. You want to do all you can to make the change as easy as possible for them. Read on for a step-by-step guide and some resources that can help simplify your transition.
Find the Perfect Place for You and Your Pet to Call Home
Make sure you pick a location and a house that fits your and your pet’s needs.
- Know what to look for when buying a house with pets, such as proximity to parks.
- Learn about the housing market in the city you’re planning to move to. If it’s currently a seller’s market, you may want to hold off on buying.
- If you’re having trouble finding the perfect property, consult a realtor for help.
Take Steps to Prepare for a Stress-Free Move
Advanced planning will make moving your furry friend easier and less stressful for all involved.
Take time off work around the move so you can keep work-related stress from rubbing off on your four-legged family member.
- If you’re moving far away, use a special service to transport pets safely and securely.
- Follow best practices to minimize stress when moving with pets, like acclimating your pet to their travel crate beforehand.
Add Finishing Touches to Make Your New Home More Pet-Friendly
These small renovations and additions can ensure your animal pal is at ease.
- Check your yard for toxic plants that may harm pets, and make sure to remove them.
- Find pros online to add pet-friendly touches like a fence, which can help keep animals safe on your property.
- Create a cozy pet corner that includes items like their bed and food.
Do Your Research to Find Your Local Pet Community
Knowing where to find support when it comes to your furry friend’s needs can bring great relief.
- Locate a veterinarian in your new city.
- Comfort + Care Animal Hospital offers skilled and compassionate medical care in a comfortable environment!
- Look up pet-friendly stores in your area so you know where your pup is welcome.
- Consult online tools to find animal groomers, dog walkers, trainers, and other pros.
Moving and buying a new home can be stressful, especially for animals. If you’re preparing to bring your pet to a new city, prepare accordingly. The above tips and tools can help make the transition easier for both you and your four-legged family member.